Lifestyle Risk Calculator was developed in 2012, created with over 37 years of working in healthcare benefit management.
- Unhealthy behavior drives 80% of HealthCare needs
- Being overweight and obese is the new norm
- Our nation has a "Retirement Savings Crisis"
Lifestyle Choices that Drive HealthCare Costs
- Alcohol Consumption
- Energy Drinks
- Recreational Drugs
Senator Harkin wrote "The Retirement Crisis"
- Half of all Americans have less than $10,000 in savings
- The average 401(k) balance is $58,991
If we can effectively communicate the ills of unhealthy behavior, we will be able to self-motivate behavior change and shift monies spent on unhealthy behaviors to retirement plans.
"Health 2 Wealth Solution"
Example: A person who is 25 years old and 50 pounds overweight, on average, spends $5.27 a day on extra food to maintain their weight with their current food choices (identified by the calculator).
Same person smoking 15 cigarettes a day, on average, spends $4.69 a day based on what they pay per pack.
Same person consumes 1 drink a day, on average, spends $4.00 a day based on their consumption habit.
This equates to $4,385.41 in annual, pre-tax dollars. When converted to a Qualified Retirement Plan, over $204,640.00 of new retirement savings for this 25 year old.
"Crystal Ball of Your Retirement"
Begin a Winning Health 2 Wealth Plan of Action
- Begin shifting your spending from unhealthy behavior to savings
- Reduce unhealthy behavior
- Lower your healthcare needs
- Improve your longevity - "State of Health"
- Increase the odds of enjoyinga healthy and wealthy retirement
- Reduce stress of not having enough money for retirement